Catch a Reading Wave.......Make a Splash

So today I signed up both girls for the Summer Reading Program through the Lisle Library.  I thought this was something that could help them both have a love of reading that their grandma Kathy, their daddy and I all do.  They have a log chart that we write down the books that we read to them and after the first 10 books they get a prize and then after each additional 5 books they recieve another prize.  The summer reading program goes until the end of July, with a Beach Party and then they will pick grand prize winners for those who read the most books.  The final prizes are pretty cool.

The Library also has a Summer Reading Program for adults that I signed up for.  I have to read atleast 3 books and complete a review on each book.  After the first 3 books, I get a prize.  The Summer Read prize will be awarded to the first 250 individuals to complete 3 reviews. But for each book that is logged, I will receive an entry for the raffle drawings at the Summer Read party on July 28th.

They have so many fun activities that they are doing through the library and I am hoping that I will be able to bring both Eva and Maggie to them.  I am definately taking them to the Toddler and Preschool Storytime, and if don't make it to them because we have planned something else that day they do a Family Storytime on Wednesday nights.

Maggie also receive her first library card today as well. She was so excited about it and keep calling it her credit card.

Comments

  1. I love the library's summer rreading programs! I loved it when I was a kid, and now I am glad to sign up the kids! The Lombard library has an adult reading program too, where you win coupons to local places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty cool that they give away coupons to some the local places. I am not sure what the Lisle Library is giving away. I never did the summer reading program when I was younger, but my husband and I want my girls to have every opportunity I did not have growing up. Plus it keeps their minds active.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Potty Training

Wicked

Newest Brinkoetter