Welcome, James Edward!


 So, today when I awoke I had noticed that I was experiencing some braxton hick contractions but they were coming more often and with each one it got stronger.  We decided to call the doctor to see what I needed to do.  The nurse suggested that I lay down and drink plenty of water because I might have been over doing it.  So I did for about 3 hrs and it was not working and then contacting Jim to tell him that they were coming very 5 to 10 minutes.  He came home from watching the Dark Knight Rises and took me to the hospital.  I was for sure in labor but was only dilated 1 cm still.  So they had me wait for a bit.  Then the nurse checked me again and no progress, so they told me to get up and walk to see if that will increase my contractions and help me dilate more.  Jim and I walked around the labor and delivery floors plus the mother and baby floors for an entire hour.  While we were walking, I was able to notice that the contractions were getting more intense with each one which is what they wanted.  When we were done walking, I was checked again and I was 2 cm dilated and the contractions were registering more intense.  The nurse went to give the doctor who was on call an update, and he decided that it was time to perform the c-section.  The doctor that was performing it was Dr. Kagan and he also was the doctor that delivered Maggie.  So at 8:40 pm, I was able to hear the first cries of my little prince and I was so completely happy.  His weight was 8 lbs 4 oz and his length was 19.5 inches long.  He was a big baby for being born at 37 weeks 4 days, he was 17 days early.

Daddy took these pictures of our beautiful son


Getting his FIRST bath and he wasn't a fan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Potty Training

Wicked

Newest Brinkoetter